B30 - Another Hospital experience

Hi Again,

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post. I mentioned earlier that I had been to the hospital emergency ward and I had to go in again. At first the medicine that I was taking appeared to be working but as I neared the end of the prescription I began to feel the old symptoms coming back. When I woke up on Sat. Mar.18 I was in discomfort and by noon I could hardly walk. Around 2:30 p.m. I was talking to the owner of the house where I'm staying and he told about an after hours clinic. I called to arrange an appointment and much to my surprise, I was told to come right in. By 3:00 p.m. I had found the place and was doing the paper work.

I saw a young woman doctor (my first woman doctor) who after examining me, sent to the hospital for blood and urine tests and an ultrasound. She also gave me a prescription but said that I wasn't to fill it until she had received the results of the tests. I went to a different hospital and again to my surprise, I was next in line. Because I had been to the bathroom before I saw the doctor, I had to wait another hour before getting a urine sample. Even with that extra wait, by 5:00 p.m. they had the results of the tests, had called the doctor, and told me that it was OK to get the prescription filled. I got the prescription filled and was home just after 5:00 pm. What a difference from the last experience.

I began to feel better the next morning and continued to feel an improvement daily. The doc had told me to come back on Wednesday, which I did, and after a brief examination she told me that the tests were clean, and that she even had them test for S.T.D's. She said I had a bacterial infection of unknown origin in my testicles that the prescription should clean it up. While the prescription is having its positive results it's also throwing me "off". By "off" I mean out of balance, disoriented, lack of concentration, etc. I notice that it affects me most for a few hours after taking the pill and that it wears off as the day goes on. I don't drive for at least four hours after I've taken a pill. Needless to say I haven't done too much on my book these past few weeks with all that I've been feeling and going through.


No comments: