2006-07-03

B48 - Over-Riding (Ourselves and Others)

I drank about 1 ½ liters of tea and water before going to bed. I woke up having to go to the bathroom and I remembered to how I peed my pants on the first day of school and how I hated my body for embarrassing and shaming me.

>>> I have to stop and explain a bit here or you wouldn’t see or feel the significance of that experience. I was born in Saskatchewan, Canada and while my parents, of German decent, were also born in Canada, had gone to school and knew how to read, write and speak English, German was the only language that was spoken at home. We had lived in the small German Catholic community but before I started school, we had moved to a another farm in an English protestant community. So when I started school, I had no way of communicating with anyone in English as German was the only language I knew, and hence my issues. To this day, I still don’t remember where the bathroom was in the school that I attended for six years. Now back to my Journal. <<< onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5409/1111/1600/Baby1.2.jpg">As a child, we express your bodies wants needs and desires unconditionally, I mean as a newborn. In the hours, days and weeks following our birth we begin to be imprinted and programmed. We are not fed when hungry, not nurtured when we feel unloved and abandoned, nor we are attended to when we are laying in our own wastes, to the point that our body develops rashes and sores. We are not abusing our body, our parents are. Not only are they abusing our body, but they are also over-riding our emotions and stopping us from crying by stuffing a dummy in our mouth so that we don’t cry or to falsely satisfy our want and need for food until such time that they desire to give it to us.

It doesn’t take long for a baby to "get with the program" as it has no choice and it soon adapts to the parents ignorantly unloving demands. And the sad thing is that the older we get, the more we are imprinted and programmed into believing that being unloving to our bodies is not only acceptable but is considered desirable and the normal way of life. Our body has become a slave.

Yuk!
JR
PS: I was just viewing this post and I saw the clipart of my June 09 post, the one with an old man (Father Time). I felt it significant that in this post is the picture of a newborn child and that here are both the beginning and end of what we call "life." I also felt a connection between the imprints, programs and beliefs that we are forced to accept and the failing of our heal and well being.

No comments: